Recently I was featured in WealthStyle Podcast‘s Q and A hosted by financial planner Iván Watanabe. Ivan works with medical and dental practitioners who are just graduating from fellowship or residency. He asked me about some of the issues that these newly minted practitioners should concentrate on including:
- Types of malpractice insurance: occurrence versus claims made.
- The type of contracts and clauses that can be detrimental to them — like restrictive covenants.
- Compensation, business model, benefits.
- What questions they should ask during an interview.
- Miscellaneous points that they should be aware of that were not taught during residency or medical or dental school.
I enjoy speaking with new practitioners about what they should concentrate on for a smooth transition from residency or fellowship into their first employment. You can listen to my appearance here.
Stephanie J. Rodin, Esq.
Rodin Legal, P.C.
Tel: (917) 345-8972
Fax: (917) 591-4428