- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (917) 508-0181
Fax: (917) 591-4428
- 151 Lexington Avenue, Suite 3E
New York, NY 10016
- First Job? Protect Your Career By Asking the Right Questions
- Tele-Health and Compliance: Important Considerations You Need to Consider
- Ready to Buy a Practice? 3 Guidelines for Practitioners
- Your Malpractice Insurance: Who Owns the Policy?
- Practitioners and Social Media: My Selfie Could Be a HIPAA Breach??
Tag Archives: HIPAA
Tele-practice is becoming increasingly common. Consultations, as well as tele-health care, are provided via Skype, Zoom or other video-conferencing platforms that preclude the need for geographical proximity between doctor and patient. For practitioners who choose to utilize this type of … Continue reading
As of May 25, 2018, the GDPR, which stands for the General Data Protection Regulation, was implemented in the European Union (EU). This regulation is much more expansive than our United States HIPAA law, and its coverage area is quite … Continue reading
In most scenarios, doctor-patient privilege that is protected by HIPAA takes priority—similar to the way attorney-client privilege is treated. However, what was once a certainty is being challenged in the courts, primarily due to the increase of physicians who are … Continue reading
If you are a healthcare practitioner who falls under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as a covered entity, you must follow HIPAA rules and regulations when you contract with an outside third party vendor to help you … Continue reading