- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (917) 508-0181
Fax: (917) 591-4428
- 151 Lexington Avenue, Suite 3E
New York, NY 10016
- Your Malpractice Insurance: Who Owns the Policy?
- Practitioners and Social Media: My Selfie Could Be a HIPAA Breach??
- Starting a Private Practice? Get Familiar with Insurance Carriers First
- Dissolving Your Practice: Be Careful, Not Hasty
- MSO Partnership for Physicians: Be Careful of the Wording in Your Agreement!
Tag Archives: HIPAA
As of May 25, 2018, the GDPR, which stands for the General Data Protection Regulation, was implemented in the European Union (EU). This regulation is much more expansive than our United States HIPAA law, and its coverage area is quite … Continue reading
In most scenarios, doctor-patient privilege that is protected by HIPAA takes priority—similar to the way attorney-client privilege is treated. However, what was once a certainty is being challenged in the courts, primarily due to the increase of physicians who are … Continue reading
If you are a healthcare practitioner who falls under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as a covered entity, you must follow HIPAA rules and regulations when you contract with an outside third party vendor to help you … Continue reading
From a legal perspective, cybersecurity means that all confidential information, including patient health information (PHI), in a healthcare provider’s database or server is protected, confidential, and completely compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). In order to … Continue reading